Blog changes

In an effort to get this blog back on track I have simplified it, deleted some of the attached one-topic blogs
and focused on Sabbats and Esbats, which was the original intent.
Other writings will be in 'stumbling upon the path of the goddess'
and the Borrowed Book of Charms is still active.
Links in the right hand column.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Get off your hands and VOTE!

...the red, white and blue...
aaahhhh dammit!!! There goes my nice quiet, get-connected-with-the-cycles-of-the-earth blog. All I wanted to do was some research about Sabbats, about old agriculture beliefs, a little herb lore, some nice quiet moon magick and now look. *sigh*

I can't stand it, I have to say something.
I used to have some respect for John McCain. He seemed like a stand up sort of guy. I didn't agree with him on very many issues, but compared to Bush he looked like a knight in shining armor. I liked Obama. Sometimes sharp new minds can find new solutions to old problems.

I was planning to vote for Obama but I wasn't really excited about the upcoming election...until....McCain finally got desperate enough to throw his self respect out the window and kneel down to the open wallets of the religious right.

How on earth he let them shove Sarah Palin onto the ticket is totally beyond me and I am fairly cynical about the workings of politics.
(just a little side note here...if someone tells me to my face that Sarah Palin is a woman that working women everywhere can identify with I will break their nose.)

I am not going to touch her dysfunctional family. Many of us have one of those, we are all entitled and it does not eliminate one from running for office.

No, I am concerned about her policies and her political history....the recorded version, not the stump speech version.

Palin is an anti-environmental, Pentecostal, Creationist whack-job.

A governor who makes speeches about fighting a 'Holy War' in Iraq, who says in another speech that drilling for oil in the Alaskan wilderness is 'God's will.'

We have had 8 years of a right wing religious nut in the White House and he looks positively secular compared to Palin. Besides, he has been held in check by Chaney who is just an old fashioned war monger and isn't going to let theology get in the way of war for fun and profit.

If you want to see comments on Palin's environmental policy you can start here:
http://www.greenpeace.org/usa/press-center/releases2/greenpeace-statement-on-palin
If Greenpeace is too radical for you, check out any environmental site. I'll bet the Audubon Society is spinning.

Her speeches re: 'God's will' are all over the internet...you don't have to get the comments out of context, you can hear the whole speech. I don't recommend eating first.

My fear is that the people who are the most appalled at her are also the people who tune out politics. Pagans for one. I am afraid that some Pagans have rejected more than just conventional religions. Scientists for another. I know some real rocket scientists personally, some of them don't know when we are in an election year.

PLEASE, take a deep breath and go vote.
And while there is a time and a place for making a statement and showing that you are fed up with the system .....honestly, this ain't it. Voting for a third party candidate is a vote for McCain/Palin.

Goddess help us all.

2 comments:

  1. Don't hold back, tell us what you really think! ROFL.

    Honestly, I was going to pencil in Paris Hilton for Pres. Her reply to McCain was just way too funny. But I don't think it's going to be anywhere near a close match. We've been Republican for many terms now. I don't think they have a prayer (no pun intended) of winning again. My prediction is a landslide win for Democrats, and there won't be any need for a recount this time around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I should have labelled it a 'rant' but I thought the title sort of gave it away.
    I loved the Paris response to the McCain ads too! lol
    Hope you are right about the outcome.

    I am just figuring out how this blogger thing works. Everyone who has posted comments with no response from me.....duh! I didn't realize that I could post a comment on my own blog. So, apologies to all and from now on I will be responding. :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin