Blog changes

In an effort to get this blog back on track I have simplified it, deleted some of the attached one-topic blogs
and focused on Sabbats and Esbats, which was the original intent.
Other writings will be in 'stumbling upon the path of the goddess'
and the Borrowed Book of Charms is still active.
Links in the right hand column.

Saturday, December 6, 2008

giving thanks for the horses...

At some point over the winter I like give thanks for something very important in my life. Horses. Horses have given me:
partners
friends
goals
dreams
beliefs
peace
excitement
patience
endurance

So for the horses in my life and for the horse people in my life I thank Epona, guardian of the horse. And in her honor I want to share with you....

The Wild Mares by Ann Moura

The rain fell gently, mistily; my heart with joy aroused;
List'ning to ethereal song drift through the storm tossed clouds;
I wandered 'cross the grassy mounds, long hair blown in the wind,
Embracing now the moment's charm, my own voice chorused in.

I found I yearned for Elder woods and Fairie Lands Beyond;
Lush verdant realms in primal haze, where Other Folk had gone.
I saw across the shining sea, the gleaming Fair Domains,
And looked within to ponder how I might these lands attain.

My lunar mind released to me the knowledge that I sought,
I raised my arms and to the Wind I called without a thought;
E-PON-A! E-PON-A! Send me the wild mares!
White steeds with flashing teeth and tangled manes to take me there.

The wind rose and 'cross the tor, the hoofbeats sounded sharp;
The air now split with wild shrieks as horses cleared the mark!
With certitude I stood my ground, in timeless magic cue;
And great white beasts, all sleek with rain rampaged into my view!

They slowed their pace and arced to me; I stood within their breach,
I spied the lead, who with a friend, came gently to my reach.
The leader passed with ado, the second t'ward me drew;
They tossed their heads and stamped their feet and that was when I knew.

The wild mares were what I loved! The race against the wind!
I leaped upon the second steed and rode off with a grin.
Within the herd I traveled fast, my laughter flying free;

E-PON-A! E-PON-A! You heard my call to thee!
You sent me wild mares to ride, across the Elder Sea.

2 comments:

  1. Good morning Celestite! Oh this is just lovely. I too am a great horse lover. I am in total awe of their beauty and majesty! My son says when he is rich he will buy me a farm where I can have an appaloosa. I absolutely love appaloosas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing that beats horses in your life. I just loved this poem when I found it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin