Blog changes

In an effort to get this blog back on track I have simplified it, deleted some of the attached one-topic blogs
and focused on Sabbats and Esbats, which was the original intent.
Other writings will be in 'stumbling upon the path of the goddess'
and the Borrowed Book of Charms is still active.
Links in the right hand column.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Brigid, Imbolc and the Full Moon

image found here
Friday is Full Moon and next week is Imbolc, dedicated to the goddess Brigid (Bride). I think we need a Full Moon Ritual dedicated to Brigid. I will work on this today and tomorrow, any input is welcome. The calendar date for Imbolc is February 2, the astrological date this year is February 4. Either day is fine to celebrate this festival.

We are all sick of this winter, in many places the weather has been unusually harsh and Imbolc is the traditional day to celebrate the return of spring. But this can depend on the whims of Brigid who breathes warm spring breath back into the frozen earth, so I will be doing something to honor this goddess.
More later.

ps
All the thoughtful comments and emails have been much appreciated. We have a nice blogger community here, I am glad to be part of it.

7 comments:

  1. Hooray! Today is one day closer to spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what I want to do for Imbolc. We shall see! :D

    )O(
    boo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what I'm going to do for Imbolc yet. I'm sure I'll figure something out. :)

    )O(
    boo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, like the blog makeover! Makes me think that Spring is on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sad to think anyone is 'sick of the weather'.I know it's been a harsh Winter but doesn't it have it's joys and pleasures, rituals and place in the cycle of the year?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Von, I partly agree, but I spend most of my days outside; riding and teaching riding and this winter has been unusually cold and unusually wet and yes, I am sick of it. Cold, wet, muddy horses and cold, wet, muddy people all day everyday....I don't think the goddess minds if I am ready to move on. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pics, look forward to hearing about the ritual

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin