Blog changes

In an effort to get this blog back on track I have simplified it, deleted some of the attached one-topic blogs
and focused on Sabbats and Esbats, which was the original intent.
Other writings will be in 'stumbling upon the path of the goddess'
and the Borrowed Book of Charms is still active.
Links in the right hand column.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Solstice

Sunrise today  7:17
Sunset today  4:38
(Denver CO)

Winter Solstice (Yule) is a very special Sabbat for me. I find myself slowing down as the days get shorter and colder, I can nearly come to a halt around Solstice. The return of the sun and the promise of another year creates energy for many of us, including me.

This is the Drumming up the Sun gathering at Red Rocks outside Denver. This one was several years ago. Tomorrow morning pagans and mystics of all types will gather again in the dark and the cold to greet the return of the sun. A ritual passed down through the eons in many different forms that survives all attempts to diminish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin